RBS Offering Music Scholarships
The Reno Blues Society is now accepting applications for music students (voice or instrument) based on need. The scholarships will be $500 each and we plan to award three or four each year, depending on fundraising success and number of applicants.
We previously reached out to the music teachers at the Washoe County School District high schools and we are now opening this up to the general public. The brief nomination process is outlined below. Once this program is up and running we will accounce the deadline.
- Include name of student, year in school, and the reason he or she needs the music scholarship. (A few paragraphs are fine. We don't need a long essay on this).
- Student should be economically disadvantaged so that the scholarship would allow him or her to buy an instrument he/she is now renting or borrowing or pursue some private lessons.
- Student has demonstrated a real interest and talent in music, ideally blues, jazz or rock but not limited to those genres.
- Name, email and phone number of music teacher making the nomination.
- Include all this information for each student nominated, up to three nominees per high school.
- Send nominations with all requested information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student(s) awarded the grant and nominating teacher agree to be present at a future Reno Blues Society Dance (tbd) for a brief awards' ceremony.
The Reno BLUES Society is a good source for information on great blues music in the Reno / Carson City / Lake Tahoe area.
Check here often for the latest on blues artists, events, and blues news.
If you're not an RBS member, join now by clicking on the "Join RBS" tab below. Once you're an RBS member you'll always have your finger on the pulse of all the blues you can use!!
Membership in the Reno Blues Society
We would love to have you join RBS! Members are entitled to a monthly newsletter and discounted tickets to all RBS events.
Our Board of Directors
Membership & RetailPam Farmer - email@example.com
Silent AuctionsJudi Epstein - firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Editor and Ad PlacementJamie Klund - email@example.com
Band ProcurementDennis Ratto - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer CoordinatorRandy Napolitano - email@example.com
WebmasterBruce Titus - firstname.lastname@example.org
RBS owes so much to our great sponsors!
Reno Blues Society Partners with Go Solar Group
The Reno Blues society has teamed up with the Go Solar Group and has an opportunity to earn $500 for every solar installation when an RBS member mentions this promotion to them. And to make it even sweeter, any RBS member who does an install with Go Solar Group gets a special discount on their solar system.
RBS Treasurer Dennis Ratto, a sales associate for Go Solar Group, would welcome the opportunity to explain the benefits and cost savings of solar to any RBS member interested.
Reno's roots are all about the blues, and while Go Solar Group loves the blues genre, they don't want you singing them in your home after you receive your monthly power bill from NV Energy. Even if you aren't interested in going solar yourself, if you know of someone who is considering it, the RBS can still earn the $500 if the person you refer to Go Solar Group mentions this partnership.
Just contact Dennis Ratto at email@example.com. This promotion currently has no ending date.